Photo source: OWWA Philippines
Are you an OFW? See how OWWA Loan can help you with financial needs.
It becomes an ultimate sacrifice for many Filipinos to decide to work overseas away from their families, just to achieve this goal.
To provide a quality life for their family, an OFW will face hardships and homesickness which is in relation to what we know that working abroad is totally difficult.
Fortunately, to help OFWs achieve their financial security, the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) has a loan program for them. This is through the OWWA Loan.
The way to Financial Stability
With OWWA loan, an OFW in the Philippines has a maximized opportunity to try venturing into entrepreneurship and even start their own business.
Filipinos who work overseas, whether they are land-based or working on the seas, can be provided financial assistance through OWWA personal loan which is a project under the reintegration program of OWWA.
Through this project, which aims to help various Filipinos support the future of their loved ones without the need to work overseas is really a bold chance and break as they can start having their own venture, establish a profitable one, and generate enough revenue.
Application requirements for OWWA Loan
Applying for an OWWA loan requires you to submit the necessary documents.
Take note of the following requirements if you plan to apply for a loan:
- Photocopy of two (2) valid IDs (government IDs, such as TIN, Passport, PRC; photo-bearing ID with signature)
- Proof of OWWA contribution, such as OWWA information sheet, POEA-attested employment certificate, passport with POEA-LAC stamp, or E-card
- Income Tax Return (ITR) for at least three years
- Copy of Barangay Certification (this will serve as your proof of residency)
- Proof of billing address
- Sketch of your place of residence
- Mayor’s permit where the business will be located
- In case the business is already existing, a copy of BIR-financial statements for at least three years are needed
- Collateral or security documents
- Statement of Assets and Liabilities
- Birth Certificate for single loan applicant or Marriage Certificate for married borrowers
In providing these documents, the borrower must be:
- A Filipino overseas worker that has a valid contract, whether working on a direct company or an agency
- A bona fide member of OWWA
What are the OWWA Loan Benefits
OWWA is a government agency that aims to help and assist overseas Filipino workers. If you are still hesitant to apply for a loan, here are some of the benefits that can help you decide:
OFW Dependents Scholarship Program
This program or financial assistance strives to help OFWs’ beneficiaries finish their education or college degree. This can be the OFW’s kids or nephews or nieces.
Educational and Training Programs
OWWA provides different types of educational and training programs to all OWWA members. This will help all the members enhanced and master their skills prior to landing and working for the job.
Health care and insurance benefits
These are the health and insurance benefits that include life and accident insurance, total disability benefit, death benefit, and burial benefit for all the OWWA members.
Make a Wise Decision
Just like swiping your credit card in the teller machine, applying for an OFW Loan needs a wise and careful decision. Remember to educate yourself in OWWA’s policy, terms, and conditions prior to applying for a loan.