A Walk Through of EastWest Bank Online Banking
Photo credit:eastwest bank Official Website
Nowadays, online banking has made consumer’s life easier and hassle free as it allows consumers to manage their account by simply using their smartphone or accessing through their browser. If you are planning to enroll your EastWest account for online banking, here is a walk through that can help you:
Why Do I Need Online Banking?
There are several services which are available through online banking facility of EastWest.
- Online access to bank account – savings,checking, and time deposit accounts
- Review of transaction history
- View Account Balance
- View Statement of Account
- Make Local and International Fund Transfer
- Do Bills Payment
How Do I Enroll in EastWest Bank Online Banking?
- Create an account by going toEast West Bank official website
- On the “Access Online Banking” menu, click the type of account you want to enroll. Click “Enroll”.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and click the “Agree” box if you are amenable to the Terms and Conditions.
- The system will ask if you have debit / pre-paid card – click the button of your corresponding answer.
- Encode the Card Number and PIN then click “Confirm” when done.
- Fill out the enrollment form with the necessary information. Click “Submit”.
- Print out and submit the form to your branch of account. Make sure to affix your signature on the form.
What Are the Accepted Billers via EastWest Online Banking?
- EastWest credit cards
- Citibank credit cards
- HSBC credit cards
- Metrobank credit cards
- Security Bank credit cards
- Standard Chartered credit cards
- Maynilad Water Services
- Cable Link and Holding Corporation
- Loyola Plans
How Secure Is EastWest Bank’s Online Banking?
EastWest implements a wide variety of security protection and monitoring methods to ensure the confidentiality and security of transactions of their clients. Their banking security include:
- Firewall and Virtual Private Network
- Intrusion Detection (IDS) / Intrusion Protection (IPS) Systems
- Secure Transmissions
- Digital Authentication
- User ID and Password
- Security Question
- One-Time Password (OTP)
- Automatic log-out
- Account lockout
Online Banking Tips from EastWest Bank
It is always best to be cautious and wary of fraudulent people and activities. Here are some tips from EastWest Bank to ensure your online banking safety:
- Ensure that your computer, internet connection, and the website you are accessing are secure.
- Ensure that your mobile number is updated because the OTPs are sent to the mobile number you have registered.
- Never use an email link to log-in to EastWest Bank Online.
- Do not click “remember me” when it pops up on your browser as it auto-fills your username and password.
- Use an automatic screen lock on your computer. Make sure no one is watching as you enter your username and password.
- Do not forget to log-out of your online banking session.