- There’s always a second chance!
- Check the Status of Your Credit Card Application
- Here are Ways to Check the Application Status of Some Credit Card Issuers.
- Next, Assess Your Eligibility
- Yes, You Can Re-Apply After 3 Months!
- Final Thoughts
There’s always a second chance!
Was your credit card application denied? You don’t have to be disappointed or be jaded on your next credit card application.There are steps that you can take to make sure your next application will be a success. So don’t fret, this article will tell you what to do.
Check the Status of Your Credit Card Application
After submitting your application form, wait for the bank to contact you. However, there are some instances when the bank takes longer to process a credit card application.So when you are unsure if your credit card application is denied, you may opt to check its status by calling the bank directly or by making an online inquiry.
Here are Ways to Check the Application Status of Some Credit Card Issuers.
How to Check BPI credit card application status
Via BPI’s online banking facility
- Go toBPI official website
- Log into your account
- Click “Other Services” / “Application Status Inquiry” / “Credit Card”
- Encode your date of application
Via BPI’s 24/7 hotline number
- Metro Manila: (02) 89-100
- Domestic toll-free: 1-800-188-89100
- Mobile phone and international: (632) 89-100
How to Check Citi credit card application status
- Call the Citibank credit card hotline 8995-9999
- Press * 2, then 1
- Key in your application ID, then press #
How to Check Metrobank credit card application status
- Send an email inquiry at email@example.com
- Call the bank’s customer hotline at the following numbers
- Metro Manila 8-700-700
- Domestic Toll-Free 1-800-1-888-5775
How to Check EastWest credit card application status
- Send an email inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the bank’s customer service hotline at 8888-1700
Next, Assess Your Eligibility
There are several reasons why an application was denied. Take a quick look at the reasons below and assess yourself so you can raise your chances of getting approval next time!
- Unstable job history
- Unpaid credit card balance
- Low income
- Too much debt
- Bad credit score
Yes, You Can Re-Apply After 3 Months!
You read it right! You can re-apply for a credit card! But don’t just apply yet, especially if the denied application was very recent. Wait at least 3 months before you apply for a new credit card.
Planning for your new credit card application? First,make sure that you have a good credit score – reduce your loan and settle any unpaid credit card balance and loans. Secondly,choose the right credit card that matches your financial status and needs.
During the 3-month wait, consider spending time on research. You can also try some online comparison tools to help you compare credit card types or help you assess credit cards based on income requirements and interest rates.
Hopefully, these steps will help you raise your chances of getting approval. Good luck with your next credit card application!